In this section, bibliographical references will be included relevant
to both the study and the evaluation of adjustment process.
• Checa, J., Díaz, P., and Pallero, R. (coords.) (2003), Psychology and blindness: manual for psychological intervention in the adjustment to visual impairment (45-99). Madrid: ONCE. (Edited in Spanish).
This manual studies the psychological processes of emotional adjustment to visual loss, and the different means of psychological intervention. It is divided into nine chapters: conceptual aspects and functional repercussions (Pallero, Checa and Díaz Veiga); the adjustment process (Díaz Salabert, Fernández), adulthood (Pallero and González García), old age (Díaz Veiga); specific groups: deaf and blind (Puig Samaniego), brain damage (Quílez),
• Díaz Salabert, M. (1995) Psychological adaptation and blindness. RTS, Social Work Journal- Revista Treball Social, 139, 35. An approach to adaptation to visual disability from the psychological point of view. Edited in Spanish.
• Pallero, R. (2007). Adjustment to visual loss attendant upon old age: a psychometric study. Tarragona: Doctoral Thesis at the Rovira i Virigil University. Edited in Spanish.
- Please click HERE to get access to the abstract in Spanish and English.
- Please click HERE to get access to the full text in Spanish.